Is a Pug the right dog for me? You may ask yourself that question when trying to decide what dog should be the family pet. Let us help you decide that.
Playful and clownish, calm and dignified, sturdy and stable, good humoured and loving – This is the Pug.
Upon entering a Pugs home you may be barked at in a rather peculiar way, but soon greeted with snorts and grunts along with a lot of excitement and affection.
Pugs are very proud yet stubborn, very friendly toward other animals and loving toward people.
If the Pug right for you, you’ll be looking for the following features..
- Small, yet sturdy and strong for it’s size.
- Doesn’t require much exercise, but does love a long walk.
- Typically friendly and loving toward everyone, including other animals.
- Doesn’t really get into mischief (Adults sleep most of the day).
- Has a short face with large expressing eyes.
- Is easy to groom.
- Short hair.
- Extremely loving.
If the Pug isn’t right for you, you should be aware of the following features:
- Strange noises (Snorting, slurping, wheezing, loud snoring)
- Takes time to house train.
- Constant hair shedding.
- Suspect to health issues due to folds in skin, inability to regulate heat easily and breathing issues. For more information on common Ailments in Pugs Click here.
- Very messy eater.